Aquatic Physical Therapy
AQUATIC PHYSICAL THERAPY: Our commitment to bring state-of-the art facilities and quality care to the Palo Verde Valley.
Hurst Physical Therapy has developed the only indoor aquatic therapy facility in the Palo Verde Valley. Combine this commitment to bringing the best rehabilitation technology with our friendly patient-centered staff and one can see why Hurst Physical Therapy is the leader in bringing first rate quality therapy to our community.
Aquatic physical therapy can provide significant rehabilitation benefits for a variety of patients and diagnoses. This type of therapy can help an individual recover function after and injury or illness, and often may be started much sooner than traditional land-based programs. This is a safe and progressive type of therapy, because it takes place in a gravity eliminated or reduced environment, which diminishes the impact on joints and muscles.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SWIM to participate in aquatic therapy. Your treatment will be directed by a licensed Physical Therapist and supervised throughout your time in the pool.
Aquatic physical therapy at Hurst Physical Therapy offers many advantages over traditional land based therapy programs:
- Bouyancy of water decreases stress on your joints.
- Water resistance during exercise is based upon the speed of movement - thereby decreasing the possibility of injury since the individual controls the resistance.
- Water temperature is kept at 90-92°F to promote relaxation during therapy.
- Individuals are able to accomplish more in water and regain confidence through success.
- Many individuals unable to exercise comfortably on land because of pain or weakness, are often able to follow an extensive water therapy program.
- Water therapy can be combined with a land-based program as rehabilitation progresses, offering the individual the best recovery possible.
Aquatic Therapy is an ideal rehabilitation choice for the following diagnoses: